Monday, August 2, 2010

Vintage Raggedy Ann & Andy: The Tradition

Several decades ago a tradition was born. Little did my mom know it at the time, but she was setting the party stage for generations to come. My middle sister had a Raggedy Ann & Andy 1st birthday theme in the 70’s. When she had her first daughter she had the perfect theme already in mind for that 1st birthday. Raggedy Ann & Andy! Well here we are the year 2010; and once again my sister held onto her tradition of the Raggedy Ann & Andy 1st Birthday theme for her youngest daughter.

My mom and sister did an amazing job pulling together a vintage themed birthday party. Some of the décor pieces are vintage from my sister’s room growing up as a child. It is not easy to find Raggedy Ann & Andy party supplies these days. With a little imagination and a lot of creativity from my mom, they were able to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary. Everything was made by hand and customized for the special occasion. My mom is my muse and inspiration. There is nothing she can’t do or make by hand. So much love goes into her work.

Here are the 1st birthday girls from far right to left: My sister, her oldest daughter, and her youngest daughter. They are all complete with their own hand-sewn Raggedy Ann & Andy dresses. Tradition is a beautiful thing!












No comments:

Post a Comment