Friday, August 13, 2010

Crochet - The Lost Art (or so I thought...)

I was scouring Etsy.com today and stumbled across these adorable finds. My grandmother was amazing and crocheted the best gifts. Some of my most cherished snuggly soft blankets were made by her over the years. Its pictures like this that make me wish I had taken her “How to Crochet” demonstrations a little more seriously. She tried really hard to pass on her craft to at least one grand-daughter. I know the basic stitch and have made small simple things like pot holders, scarves, and the first 10 inches of an afghan blanket. Maybe someday I will have the time to fine tune my abilities and make her proud!





2 comments:

  1. Love them :) Especially the cup cake candy holders. My mom can crochet I may have to convince her to make me some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are super cute! I'm glad you like them. My mom has picked up arts and crafts projects now to help fill her time. Mom's are the craftiest people I know!

    ReplyDelete